Monday, October 5, 2009

Half way there!

5 weeks down, 5 more to go! It's been an uneventful week....but that's a good thing. Babies are looking great on the monitor. They are each having normal accelerations and normal decelerations. I'm pretty sure they are growing like weeds :). I gained 4 lbs in the past week!!! I feel huge and have had a few days here and there where I am pretty uncomfortable. Turning over in my sleep is a struggle. Both babies are head down so there are days where it hurts to walk and it feels like I have been run over by a truck from my belly button down....I have no idea how moms with more than twins do it. Makes me have a whole new respect (not that I really had one before though) for Kate Gosselin!
I got off room restriction on Wednesday. I was allowed to walk to the kitchen but had to keep a mask on. Thursday night I went to Bingo and the girl who exposed us to the flu was there. She said she felt horrible we all were confined and thought we would all hate her. I felt bad for her. She's from WY so she is already here alone and then worried all week that the women she could vent with were going to hate her....poor thing. She said she only got mild symptoms and baby is ok. Friday was the official day we were off restrictions completely, meaning no more masks. It was nice to be able to see my nurse's faces again. The pool was still closed all weekend though for extra precaution. We got to go back today and boy was it nice.
Friday night some friends came to visit. Our friends Corey and Cassie were in town from Chicago and they came for a visit. They are having their first baby in March and she looks wonderful. It was nice to see them and can't wait until they move back! Then our old neighbor Aleesha came to visit. She brought me some fun arts and crafts which was so sweet of her. She got me this kit with a strand of lights and 7 different punch out patterns to make to put over the lights. I chose to do the waterlillies and they make my room feel homey-er....so thanks a bunch Aleesha :)!
Saturday Louis and Bear came to visit for a bit. I suggested Louis bring Bear's trike down because he was throwing a fit that he couldn't go for a ride. Louis wheeled me outside and we went for a ride around the hospital with Barrett. It was SO nice to be able to see him ride. He hasn't figured out the pedals yet and does the whole Flinstone thing...but man is he FAST! I couldn't believe it. It was a gift to be able to do that and makes me realize to appreciate the little things in life. We just bought his bike before I came in so I didn't get to take him for a ride or anything because I was on bed rest. So to be able to go on a "walk" with him like a normal family was just wonderful! They spent the night again last night. I guess Barrett was telling Louis they were going to "mommy's house"....cute, but sad :(. Another great morning to wake up though hearing my little man say "hi mommy"....nothing better.
I have my next ultrasound on Thursday so I will let everyone know how that goes. Thanks for all the love and support.

3 comments:

  1. 5 WEEKS! woo hoo!! it's super fun stalking you and your family !! are you able to post pics of your room???? or you your hubby and bear ?????? or your veiw???or the pool even? when jesse's dad was in the hospital he did an entire photo shoot of his bathroom.. it was really neat - he got some amazingly interesting pictures!!! close ups on the pipes and stuff like that... it might be a fun way to remember your time alone with your girls :) plus... it would really neat to get to see where your hiding out !lol! xoxo-mikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take some pics.....but I will have to leave finding the cord to download pics from the camera to the computer up to Louis and that might not be very successful :). Good suggestion though Mikki! And you're not stalking me....I like that my old friends have taken interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAHOOOOO!! 5 weeks is awesome and I'm so glad to hear that you've selected names, which are too cute and that you are no longer in isolation, I'm sure that was difficult. It's now official, my sister will have a C-section on October 15th, I'll be an Aunt soon!

    ReplyDelete