Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We have 1st names...now to just pick middle

We decided it was time to nail down names. We picked 10 names that we both liked, or at least liked some. We put them in a basket and chose 6, Louis chose 2, I chose 2, Bear chose 1 and Nicole chose 1. From that we eliminated to 4 and then 2. One of Louis's favorite names is Madison.....which I think is a beautiful name but his cousin is named Maddison and goes by Maddie, which we would have done. Well in the final drawing Madison and Charlize were chosen. Charlize is a name I LOVED when I was pregant with Bear (not knowing he was a boy). I thought it would be cute to call her Charli. When I found out I was having girls we all thought that name was a given, but Charlie seems to becoming more popular for girls. After much thought though, I decided I am not going to let that affect my decision to name my daughter that since it was a name I felt so strongly about before. So we were both great with Charlize....it was Madison I just wasn't excited about. We did the name pulling a couple of more times and Madison kept showing.....but Louis also kept saying he wasn't opposed to switching it out with Liliana which is another name we both loved. I asked him numerous times ti be sure because I didn't want to steal that away from him if it's what he really wanted...but he said he is completely happy with the names we have. So long story short, the first names are Charlize, whom we will call Charli for short, and Liliana, whom we will call Lili for short. I'm not sure which will be named which. I actually asked the NP tonight if Baby A is delivered 1st in a c-section but she said it can be either or especially with momos. I looked up the meanings of the names and Liliana means purety and beauty and Charlize means little (I also found one that said free man....but since it's a girls name to be pc that would be free woman). Anyhow, since Baby B has measured just a smidge under A then maybe we should name her Charli??? I dont know....we'll see, Just wanted to share those thoughts. I'm pretty excited that Baby A and BabyB can now be called Lili and Charli instead :).

No comments:

Post a Comment