Monday, September 28, 2009

28 weeks 2 days....1 month inpatient!

So let's see.....I had my ultrasound on Thursday and everything looks great. Baby A is measuring 9 days ahead and 2 lbs 13 ozs, puts her in the 61st percentile. Baby B is measuring 5 days ahead and 2 lbs 9 ozs, puts her in the 51st percentile. I asked the doctor about the difference in days being a concern and she said no, it's perfectly normal. I also asked about the cords since they looked at blood flow through them and she said nothing new was noted, which was also good news. She said that normally if there was a change there would be something noted....so all good there. As for the monitoring, they have been looking great. They each had a really high acceleration that I notiec yesterday and that is a really good sign....shows there central nervous systems are working exactly as they should! No more scares so far!
I made it to the 1st milestone as far as greater chance of survival and growth, 28 weeks. WOO HOO girls, way to behave in there....for the most part anyway :)! Now my sights are set on 32 weeks. Apparently once they hit 32 weeks the survival rate sky rockets and we are obviously looking at much shorter NICU stay. Although, it is comforting to know that now that I am past 28 weeks, we have a much better chance than we did before. This pregnancy has been full of goals....1st was 24, then 28, now 32 and then 34....we can do this!
I have been confined to my room since Friday evening. Apparently one of the moms on the unit has the flu and I was exposed at the pool. I am assuming she didn't know she had it, and I heard that she is doing ok. It's a MAJOR BUMMER to be stuck in my room though. I am not even allowed to walk to the kitchen to fill my water up anymore. When people come to visit they have to wear masks to protect themselves; and all the nurses are wearing them when they come in. Some of the nurses, and even doctors, think they are taking this to the extreme. We could be exposed by anyone bringing it in and making everyone wear masks is a little over the top. They prescribed anyone who was exposed Tamiflu as a preventitive. I first heard we were stuck for 7 days but now heard it is actually 10....so I hope it flies by!
Barrett and Louis spent the night last night. I didn't get much sleep because Louis slept in my bed with me the first half of the night and Bear slept with me the 2nd half....but it's totally worth every second of no sleep :). The best part of them spending the night is waking up and seeing his smiley face saying "hi mommy!" I know it is not the most comfortable sleeping arrangement for Louis...but it means more to me than I think he really knows.
So for now, that's the news on this home front. I will keep you posted as this week and next pass. I have a follow up ultrasound next Thursday so hopefully they continue growing like they have been and I won't have any scary situations to report. As always, thanks for the love and support :).

4 comments:

  1. Stay strong Em, that is really great NEWS!! 32 weeks will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily,

    I've been reading your updates and have been thinking about you. Whenever you talk about your son, I tear up. :) I can't even imagine...I hope the next few weeks are uneventful (in all the good ways) and you reach that next milestone quickly!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi emily-
    so glad that you decided to do this blog!!! it is a beautiful way to remember all you have to go through these girls!! it will be amazing to share them with them someday :) as well as with your little guy :)
    you keep goin momma!!! i am so happy for you... we are praying for you and your babies!! xoxox-mikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Em...I'm so glad things moving along so well with the girls.Keep hanging in there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete