Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Damn Swine Flu

So just went I think I am on the down hill slope and it's going to get easier, it gets harder. Due to the swine flu, they have changed visitation at all the hospitals. Originally all children under 18 were not even allowed in the hospital, and I am only allowed 4 visitors, plus Louis, on a list that are allowed to come visit me. The visitors rule has not changed, but the manager of Labor and Delivery fought to get the moms who have been here long term and are going to be here for longer than a few days, visitation from their children once a week for 2 hours. I am very upset by all of this. I know seeing him 1 day a week is better than not seeing him at all.....but his little world has already been turned upside down and now he only gets to see me 2 hours a week. It just sucks! I know in the end this will all be worth it....but man has this been tough. We obviously had to cancel his birthday party too. I know he won't know any different...but I do. We will have to have a late birthday party for him when I get home. It's a good thing we have all of our family here or i just don't know what we would do. It's going to be tough for me to get to see Louis through the next few weeks too because of this. When I think of there being 3-4 more weeks until I meet my little angels I think "Holy crap it's going to fly!" But when I think about seeing Barrett only once a week and Louis only a couple of times a week probably I think "Oh my God this is going to take forever." So......I am trying to stay as positive as possible, but some times it's just tough and I have a crappy day.....today is one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment