Monday, October 12, 2009

Out of the 20's

I am 30 weeks and 2 days today, 6 weeks inpatient, and finally out of the 20's :). I can't believe 6 weeks have come and gone and there are only 4 more to go. I am SO excited to meet them! They are doing great. I had my ultrasound on Thursday. Baby A is 3 lbs 6 ozs and 8 days ahead and Baby B is 3 lbs 3 ozs and 4 days ahead. We got to see them in 4D. They weren't in positions to get very good pictures of their faces though....maybe next time. The monitoring is going well too. So they just need to continue cooking in there and I will be happy :).
Yesterday was mine and Louis' 1 year wedding anniversary. What a year it has been....not a normal 1st year of marriage I would say. Between having an ectopic pregnancy at the beginning of our marriage to getting pregnant with one of the most high risk twin pregnancies possible, it has been stressful...but I wouldn't want to go through any of this with anyone else. We have our moments, but he is the best thing that ever happened to me and I love him more than words. He made me a home cooked meal and brought it in last night. Barrett went and stayed with grandparents and Louis and I had a "romantic" evening here at the hospital. We watched a movie and he spent the night. We'll make up for it when I get home and go out for a true romantic evening. I was just glad to have the time with him.
Other than that, I just keep plugging along. I think I am giving up on my knitting project and passing it off to my mom. I was a little ambitious I think in the blanket that I was planning on knitting when I have never knitted anything in my life. I have the hang of the general idea, but keep screwing up somehow when I go to add a new color block. I knew I needed to start with "Knitting for Beginners" or something along those lines...but the knitting store we went to didn't have a book like that. Oh well....maybe some other life time :). I need to pick up a book and start reading again. I read the 2 and half books in my first 2 weeks and haven't read since.....maybe I will do that today.
So that's that here. Barrett's 2nd birthday is October 19th so we are having a little party for him this weekend. Other than that, nothing planned for the week so I will update if there are any changes. As always, thanks for the love and support.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Barrett!!! Hang in there Emily!!
    Kathy Milnes

    ReplyDelete