Saturday, September 5, 2009

25 weeks today

Well I am 25 weeks today and have made it through 5 days so far. I have been a little emotional here and there, but everyone keeps telling me the first week is the hardest. I have seen Barrett every day and Louis every day but one. It gets lonely during the day, but I look forward to my evening visitors. Louis brought me a dozen of the most beautiful light purple roses I have ever seen last night to brighten up my room....he can be so sweet when he wants to :). We attempted to get Barrett to lay down and spend the night last night, but he wouldn't settle. There are just too many things for him to get into :). And with me monitoring on top of it and the sounds of the little heartbeats, he was just too intrigued. I think we are going to try again tomorrow night with his pack n play and see if keeping him contained in that helps. I miss sleeping next to Louis too.....7 years is a long time to have someone next to you every night. Hopefully tomorrow night works out!
The babies are doing great. I have started to do the monitoring on my own, which has impressed some of my nurses since I haven't even been here a week. I monitor 3 times a day for an hour at a time. For the most part, they are staying on the monitors rather well. There have been one or 2 times where it has taken 2 hours to monitor because they are just SO active. It's fun to watch my belly move all around when I am monitoring. There were some good heart accelerations today that the nurse said is a really good sign for this early....so that makes me feel good. Hopefully they just keep cooperating and don't get themselves tangled in there! I had to start procardia today. It is a drug that helps with contractions. I didn't even realize I was having them really, but the monitor showed I am so we need to keep that under control so they don't progress. It's apparently pretty common in a multiples pregnancy.
Other than that, nothing new to really report. The pool is a nice break in the middle of the day and I have finished a book and a half already! I am planning on starting my knitting tomorrow. I was going to start today, but Barrett is coming down shortly with Sophie. I'm looking forward to seeing them. I will report in a couple of days. Thanks for the love and support!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about you lots! Those little girls are going to have a great Momma! Love to you, Lou and Barrett!
    Love, Jess, John and Lorelei

    PS Her surgery date has changed to Sept 21st!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Em!

    Sounds like you and the girls are getting settled in and all is well. That is good news. What is the best way for me to contact you while you are there? Email? Your cell? Hospital phone?

    Teri

    ReplyDelete