Monday, September 21, 2009

27 weeks, 2 days

OK.....so I know I said last post I was going to try and blog more than once a week so I didn't babble...but no such luck. Louis needed the computer this week, so I was S.O.L. Not too much to report though. Babies are still doing well. They are having some decelerations that are scaring me, but the doctors have reassured me that all looks great. The heartbeats haven't dipped below 110 or so and when they do dip they go right back up for the most part....so I guess that is considered normal. What they are looking for is dips below 90 that stay down and don't go back up; or dips that are frequent throughout each monitoring session. I have another growth ultrasound on Thursday so I am looking forward to seeing how much they weigh and if they are still measuring a week ahead. I feel like they have grown, that's for sure :)!
Barrett came down with a viral infection and has been breaking out in random rashes. The doc said it's his body's way of fighting off the virus. For the first couple of days after his doctor's appointment he wasn't allowed to come to the hospital though :(. It was tough not seeing him or Louis. The viral infection isn't contagious but the doc just recommended better to be safe than sorry. I think he's settling back into somewhat of a schedule a bit. Louis and he came to visit on Saturday and he laid down to take a nap much easier than he has in the past.....so maybe he's getting a little more comfortable? I sure hope so!
I think my frustration with the nurse's response time was read by a few of my nurses and the charge nurse went around room to room the other day to get all of the patients feed back. She apologized about the break down of communication and said that it will not be tolerated. Since then things have gotten a bit better....so things are good on that front.
The supervisor from the cafeteria also paid me a visit for feed back and she said she would work on the issues of my orders being wrong too. So all in all, things have been getting better. I am still over the food, but at least they are bringing me what I order :).
Weekends are still my toughest time here. I just want to be home or out doing whatever Louis and Barrett are doing.....but it's hard for all of the moms. We commiserate in the pool and that really helps each of us get out of our heads. I don't know what I would do without that!
So that about wraps up my week in a nutshell without totally babbling! I will try to post again Thursday after my ultrasound. Hope everyone is doing well. As always, thanks for your love and support.

2 comments:

  1. ummm....how about some pictures?! I want to see your belly! and tell me a secret... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! Miss you guys! Kathy Milnes

    ReplyDelete