Monday, November 2, 2009

End in sight

I know I haven't blogged in awhile...I haven't had the computer.....but there actually hasn't been much action to tell you all about, so I guess that's a good thing. However, there is an end in sight!!!!! I have an amniocentisis this Friday, November 6th ,at 8:30 am to see if their lungs are mature enough to deliver. After scheduling that appointment, I decided that I just wanted to get the csection scheduled for 34 weeks and not push it any further. After talking to my doc, he suggested we still do the amnio. If their lungs are completely immature, then I am going to push it a few more days...but I don't think I have it in me to go a whole complete additional week. The stress of worrying about them for that extra week just really isn't something I want to go through. The bigger they get the less room they have and the chance of cord compression is greater....so they are safer out than in. If the lungs are in the questionable area or above we are delivering that afternoon at 1 pm!!! I have had my booster of steroids to help with their lung development, so I am really praying we are good to go. We could be meeting Charli and Lili in less than 4 days....crazy!!
Barrett is getting excited too. He is such a little man it is crazy! He has just grown up so much in the last 2 months....I feel like I have missed out on alot, but I know he won't remember. He had a rough week last week because it snowed for 2 days straight which meant daddy was out doing snow removal for 3 days. My parents had him 2 of those nights and Sophie had him the other night....so not having mom or dad was rough on him. It will be so nice to be home next week and get him back into his regular routine.....I apparently have my work cut out for me though, daddy is a lot more lacks than mommy :).
Other than that, not too much going on. Oh wait! Actually....I lost my job last week. That was just a little added stress to my already stressful life, but I was expecting it. I knew my FMLA hours were nearing the end and my boss and I had talked on my last day of work about extending my leave beyond those hours. He told me he wasn't sure he was going to be able to do that because our work flow had slowed a lot. I was most concerned about insurance and had attempted numerous times before coming to the hospital to find out my options and just tried to get some sort of game plan together but the HR department SUCKS and never would give me a straight answer. They kept telling me all throughout that they were going to treat my pregnancy as a normal pregnancy, even though it obviously wasn't. So anyhow, my boss and I kind of guesstimated that my hours were up the 1st or 2nd week of November, which I figured out in my mind that meant my insurance would run through the end of November....and I knew I would deliver by then and hoped the girls would be home by then too...and then we could figure out insurance. Well, we were wrong. I got the letter from HR on Monday of last week saying my FMLA hours were up on Wednesday....yup, a 2 day notice! And I was put in the exact situation that I tried to avoid numerous times before with HR...being in the hospital at the end of my pregnancy trying to scramble to figure out insurance issues. I knew all along COBRA would be an option....but I also knew and know that COBRA is extremely expensive and was hoping I would have some more warning to try and find replacement insurance. Well...long story short, I applied for an extension to my leave which was denied (as I knew it was probably going to be), BUT my boss was kind enough to talk to HR and get our COBRA insurance premium paid through 1/1 so I don't have to worry about that while I am still in the hospital. I was SO relieved by that! I haven't gotten the paperwork yet so essentially right now we aren't covered since insurance ended on 10/31....so the thought of my csection and the NICU stay without being covered are a bit scary...but COBRA is retro active to 10/31 so I just have to trust that once I get the paperwork and send it in all will be ok.
So that really is all the news I think. I will keep everyone posted as to whether or not we deliver on Friday. Please keep praying as it has worked this long :).

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like this may be your last blog before the girls get here so I just wanted to say good luck. I really think that the girls will be ready tomorrow. I have very good feelings about the delivery and their health. You've done a great job! Don't worry about the insurance, it will all work out. Enjoy the moment, and don't forget to blog all the news after they get here.
    Kathy Milnes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's the BIG DAY!! Good luck, I'll be thinking of you ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO-HOO! YOU GIRLS ARE HERE!!!! POST THERE PICS !! SO WE CAN KEEP WATCHING THEM GROW!!! WHAT A FUN WAY TO REMEMBER THEIR LITTLE NEW ND BEAUTIFUL LIVES!!!! IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!XOXO-MIKKI

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i cant spell- please post their pics not there pics... ;D

    ReplyDelete